JQL: Filtering parent issue type

Irina Pozdnyakova May 13, 2022

Hey!

I need to filter issues that have a certain type of parent issue.

Something like this: Project = ABC AND Parent Issue type in (X, Y, Z)

Tried several jqls but didn't work for me. Is there an option to do this? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2022

Hello @Irina Pozdnyakova ,

I think if you have an add-on like ScriptRunner, you can filter the issues that have a specific parent issue type (assuming, that there is a parent-child relationship between these issues, e.g. Story - Sub-task relationship) by using something like below:

issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = <your-project> AND issuetype IN (x,y,z)")

If the relationship between your parent and child issue type is a custom link relationship, then you will need to use another function from ScriptRunner, that is related to finding linked issues linked with a specific link type or link description.

Hope this helps! 

1 vote
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2022

Hi @Irina Pozdnyakova 

Do you have scriptrunner installed on your Cloud instance as I am not sure if the statndard JIRA has a functionality that would work as you described?

If you do, I think you should be able to use something like:

issueFunction in parentsOf("project = <your-project> AND issuetype IN (x,y,z)")

The above has not been exactly tested but the logic should work only if you have Scriptrunner.

Let me know if this helps.
Regards

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events