JMWE Transition Issue on Custom Field

Jack Harrison
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2017

Hey,

I am trying figure out how to transition an issue using a custom field, the custom field is a Select List (single choice) named "Branch". I am not sure where I am going wrong and after reading the documentation I am still lost. All I have so far is {{ issue.fields.branch == "Trunk" }}, this field is also normally empty, it is defined in the same transition as this post function is running I am not sure if that matters or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2017

Hi Jack,

as documented here, since your custom field is a Select List field (single choice), the field value is actually an object, of which you want to access the "value" field:

{{ issue.fields.Branch.value == "Trunk" }}

(I also put an uppercase B in the field name since that's what you wrote in your question)

Jack Harrison
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 16, 2017

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your response it worked like a charm smile. I must have somehow missed that part of the doc, I have bookmarked it now.

Thanks for your help.

Jack

Suggest an answer