JIRA subscription for non-JIRA users

Jeff Behl September 8, 2014

I want a specific JIRA issue type, upon creation, to be emailed to an email list maintained on our mail system.  This group does not exist as a JIRA group.  What's the best way?  

Filter subscriptions work dandy if all the users are in JIRA, but in our case they are not.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2014

Dummy user is the best way.  Add a user who has read access to your project, and an email address that maps on to the email list address.

You'll also need to use separate workflows - for the "specific issue type", you need a workflow that will fire a customised "create issue" event that you can use in the notification scheme to fire the email at the dummy user.

Jeff Behl September 8, 2014

Hey Nic - Thanks. I'd known the dummy user route, but was hoping to avoid chewing up a license. Guess I don't have a choice! As for the workflow - Nothing that fancy needed: just have a saved search/filter that looks for tickets created within the last 15 minutes (and any other requirements), and then subscribe the dummy user to it with an interval set to run every 15 minutes.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2014

Ah, I was going for the "immediate notification" answer as that's what a lot of people need. If it's ok to do a "digest", subscriptions are spot-on

Suggest an answer