JIRA site not loading properly

Hari Prasath P October 6, 2017

I logged in JIRA site to work on add-on. But the page loads too slow, loading with issues. Have attached the image below after loading. There is no issue in internet speed, I have checked it. Why the page is not loading properly?JIRALoadIssue1.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2017

Looks like the css and other resources have not loaded.  Check your network is not blocking things, refresh tthe page, and have a look at the browser's "dev tools" to see what isn't loading and why

I have cleared browser's cache and loaded again. When referring console, I got error as timed out. Have attached the screenshot below. This issue is not based on internet speed, because other sites are loading faster when compared to this. Also, network does not block any of these things.JIRALoadIssue2.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2017

Timeouts like that are either

• Internet speed (just because one site loads does not mean your route to another is any good)
  • Network blocking
  • Browser or software blocks on your machine
  • Server not delivering content fast enough

The last one could be down to problems with code, a page that's simply too large or the server being slow or overloaded. 

So, the next questions are

What exactly is the page you are trying to load?  Are you logged in and going to a dashboard or issue, or is it just the base url of your system?

Do other pages load ok?

Ok thank you. Actually, I  logged in and was trying to load atlassian 'Dashboard' page. Yes, other sites are loading faster.

I don't know what the exact issue was, found a suggestion on surfing internet, they mentioned to change the DNS value, then I manually configured DNS value in Network Settings. So, now it is working fine. 

Like IT_Gurgaon likes this
Shalini Ranga October 19, 2018

Hari, I am facing the same issue, can you please help me on what exactly you did.

Hari Prasath P December 28, 2018

Hello @Shalini Ranga,

I changed the DNS value in network settings as suggested in some docs in internet. But, it was a temporary fix. Check the internet speed, it may be the reason for this issue. If network is good, then check out the other scenarios which Nic has mentioned above.

Cheers,

Hari Prasath P

Brian Hall May 13, 2020

I had a similar issue recently when migrating Jira to a new server.  The page timeouts/partial loading was due to an incorrect BASE URL in Jira.  After updating the base url, the issue went away.

As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- asked toward the end of his previous post, "or is it just the base url of your system?".  Sometimes, the answer to this question is "yes".

-Brian

Suggest an answer