JIRA site not loading properly

I logged in JIRA site to work on add-on. But the page loads too slow, loading with issues. Have attached the image below after loading. There is no issue in internet speed, I have checked it. Why the page is not loading properly?JIRALoadIssue1.jpg

1 answer

0 vote

Looks like the css and other resources have not loaded.  Check your network is not blocking things, refresh tthe page, and have a look at the browser's "dev tools" to see what isn't loading and why

I have cleared browser's cache and loaded again. When referring console, I got error as timed out. Have attached the screenshot below. This issue is not based on internet speed, because other sites are loading faster when compared to this. Also, network does not block any of these things.JIRALoadIssue2.jpg

Timeouts like that are either

• Internet speed (just because one site loads does not mean your route to another is any good)
  • Network blocking
  • Browser or software blocks on your machine
  • Server not delivering content fast enough

The last one could be down to problems with code, a page that's simply too large or the server being slow or overloaded. 

So, the next questions are

What exactly is the page you are trying to load?  Are you logged in and going to a dashboard or issue, or is it just the base url of your system?

Do other pages load ok?

Ok thank you. Actually, I  logged in and was trying to load atlassian 'Dashboard' page. Yes, other sites are loading faster.

I don't know what the exact issue was, found a suggestion on surfing internet, they mentioned to change the DNS value, then I manually configured DNS value in Network Settings. So, now it is working fine. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,314 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot