JIRA service desk, error screen that issue wasn't created but it did

Denis Tsybulin April 16, 2018

JIRA service desk

When user tries to create an issue, there appeares error screen that user has to contact system administrator and update page in order to create issue

But even user gets this error screen issue is created (user don't understand this and tries to create issue again), as a result there are some duplicated issues

In JIRA logs there  are only some warns and nothing connects to these duplicate issues

There is attached screen of the error, it is said, that issue wasn't send, please reload page and try again, attention - fields will be cleared, if this isn't first time when you see this error contact to your JIRA administrator

image-2018-04-09-15-15-58-037.png

*UPD*

It doesn't happen every time user tries to create issue

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

Try to go to Developer mode in your browser and have a look what requests are sent from the page and what response you get.

Denis Tsybulin April 16, 2018

Thank you for your answer, Alexey!

I forget to mention, that it doesn't happen every time.

I has just tried to create issue in developer mode, but it went successfully with out problems

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

That is a problem with flickering errors. You have to reproduce the error and have a look at what happened in the Developer Tools.

Denis Tsybulin May 11, 2018

Tried to reproduce several times and check information in developer tool.

However I can't find there any usefull information.

Last time, I tried to create issue, and after pressing button "Create" screen hasn't changed (also there was no error screen). In developer tools, there were 2 successfull requests and after some time, there were added 3-rd successfull request. And that's it.

request screen.JPG

Suggest an answer