We have JIRA 5.1.6 with Atlassian support until Sep 2017, we are planning to upgrade this to 7.3.8 and migrate to a different server.
Here are the questions I have
1. Can we upgrade JIRA to 7.3.8 with maintenance license expired in Sep 2017?
2. Can we do server migration with expired maintenance?
3. What are the best ways to do the migration?
>can we install fresh 7.3.8 on a new server and use the same license?
If your license is expired you will be able to migrate JIRA but you can only upgrade to a version of JIRA that was released before September 2017 which would include up to Jira Server 7.4.3.
Without a renewed license you lose access to Software Maintenance which includes upgraded releases and technical support:
Software maintenance, included in your first year of use, gives you the following benefits:
- Security patches
- Critical bug fixes
- New features & enhancements
- Access to Atlassian's world-class Support team for technical troubleshooting
- Developer license keys (lets you test the upgrades before committing!)
- Potential to enroll to Beta Programs
In order for your software maintenance to remain active year-round, you must purchase it annually. Learn more about our renewing terms for software maintenance above. We also suggest making sure your business processes allow for frequent upgrades so your team can continue reaping the benefits enjoyed by other world class teams.
Take a look at Jira Software Licensing and Purchasing for more information about how licensing affects your instance.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot