JIRA not taking the Emails

Frank May 30, 2018

This issue is on and off. I followed the below troubleshooting..

Checked the Email Request under Applications>> Service Desk

Test gives me "

No problems found with email settings configuration. Successfully connected to the specified email server.

Logs says ServiceRunner Messaging Error when MailPullerWorker pulls emails from help@abc.com: Couldn't connect to host, port: outlook.office365.com, 993; timeout 50000

JIRA-Bootstrap Updated mail connection id 5 with parameters help@abc.com help@abc.com outlook.office365.com imaps 993

ERROR [] Caesium-1-2 anonymous Messaging Error when MailPullerWorker pulls emails from help@abc.com: A3 BAD User is authenticated but not connected.

Here is my configurations details. We have 4 POP / IMAP Mail Servers listed in Incoming Email(it has help@abc.com details with different server name and username). Attached Image 1

Email.JPG

3 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2018

That specific error message is known to happen when Jira is using IMAP with a shared mailbox on office 365.  There is a KB on that error in: A3 BAD User is authenticated but not connected error message when using JIRA with Office365

From that KB:

Cause

• JIRA does not support IMAP integrated with a Shared Mailbox.  This feature suggestion has been closed as there are no current plans to build it:  JRASERVER-30688 - IMAP login to a shared mailbox RESOLVED

Workaround

I hope this helps.

Frank May 31, 2018

@Andy Heinzer Thanks. I checked it and someone in the comments mentioned it is working with IMAP? 

0 votes
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2018

Hi Frank,

Are you talking about Mail Handler or normal Jira Service Desk email configuration? Because that looks like a mail handler to me, which usually does not have anything to with how Jira Service Desk mail is configured, in fact I would not recomend configuring both of them for the same project...

Frank May 31, 2018

@laralg Thanks for responding. Yes, I see the same email in IMAP/POP Incoming settings page and in service desk for one request type. 

laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2018

Jira is a bit delicate when working with mails. Make sure your Jira installation can reach the mailbox and try first with a normal email (even your own email would work) before trying shared accounts or mailbox. I usually find it works better with a single email in the same domain as the one configure for sending mails.

0 votes
Frank May 30, 2018

@Noel Howell @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and other.. Please help me

Suggest an answer