JIRA login to Hipchat

Miles Tillinger March 17, 2015

I'm trying to login to Hipchat, to integrate a Private room with a project.  But the Chrome console is throwing this error:

POST https://hailo.jira.com/rest/hipchat/integration/latest/oauth2/begin500 (Internal Server Error)batch.js?locale=en-UK:177

d.support.ajax.d.ajaxTransport.sendbatch.js?locale=en-UK:171

d.extend.ajaxbatch.js?locale=en-UK&jag_disabled_marketing=true:583

cbatch.js?locale=en-UK:84
d.event.dispatchbatch.js?locale=en-UK:76

d.event.add.g.handle.i

See screen cap: https://i.imgur.com/TR3ntGq.gif

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2015

After some investigation we found out what the underlying problem is:

It looks like you have configured JIRA<->HipChat integration a while ago with the old version of the plugin. Since then we introduced a new version with a lot of additional features. With the new version of the plugin all previously configured notifications still work and you can use some of the newer nicer UI but to get access to the new features you would need to re-link your JIRA instance and the HipChat group.  You have hit a bug when we don't properly handle log-in functionality when the plugin was configured using the old way.

It takes 30 sec, just follow the prompts on https://changoinc.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/hipchat/configure page as Elisa mentioned above. This is the relevant documentation page.

Paul Huang March 25, 2015

Anatoli, it looks like we have the same issue and before I update the plugin version, I wanted to know if it would affect my existing JIRA workflow-based hipchat integrations (which we have tons and want to continue to use those). Or the workflow hipchat integrations should continue to work seamlessly, in addition to fixed JIRA/hipchat integration at the JIRA projects level?

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2015

The workflow HipChat integrations will continue to work seamlessly!

Paul Huang March 25, 2015

Cool, do you have a link to a release notes or something that states that? We really can't afford to have a disruption for the workflow-based hipchat integrations. Also, if something does act up, i'm assuming we can't rollback to the older plugin version, right?

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
March 26, 2015

Paul, we don't actually explicitly say anywhere that we will not break the existing notifications (it's taken for granted we don't want to break any existing functionality). Re: ability to rollback and avoiding disruption. I know, sometimes it pays off to be a little paranoid. We did test this case before releasing the plugin; if you want to verify your own configuration, the best bet is to do it on a testing/staging server. It is not easy to roll back: you will need to downgrade the plugin and re-configure the integration the old way (with a token).

Paul Huang March 31, 2015

Thanks Anatoli, we can't do test/stage server since we're on the Cloud. SO we'll just have to do it.

0 votes
easymile_pejvan April 28, 2015

Hi @Anatoli Kazatchkov 

I'm facing the same issue. 

Will removing the integration also remove all the settings? I would like to avoid having to reconfigure everything after re-connecting it again.

Thanks

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
April 28, 2015

Hi @Jules Minvielle, you wouldn't need to reconfigure anything if you remove and then re-connect the integration. The settings will be preserved. Also, depending on the version of the plugin you are using you can just go to <https://YOUR-JIRA/plugins/servlet/hipchat/configure>; and follow the steps there.

0 votes
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
March 17, 2015

Hi Miles,

Can you please try removing the integration and then re-connecting it again. You need to be JIRA and HipChat admin to do that (it is under System -> HipChat integration):

This should fix the problem.

Suggest an answer