I am trying to change the title on one of our workflow transitions buttons using the jira.i18n.title property. The workflow is ignoring the property and my button is not being renamed. Have I configured it incorrectly? Are there additional properties I need to set? Here is what I have configured on the transition:
|Property Key||Property Value|
Instructions from the associated JIRA issue
- Open the jar file atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib/language_<language code>_<country code>.jar
- In that jar edit the file \com\atlassian\jira\web\action\JiraWebActionSupport_<language code>_<country code>.properties
- Add the translation to the file, for example:provideinfo.title = This is a test translation
- Make sure you remember the key you used. Save the file.
- Restart Jira
- Goto your workflow in Jira (Administration -> Global Settings -> Workflow)
- Click on the transition you would like to translate
- Click on View properties of this transition
- Add the property:
- Key = jira.i18n.title
- Value = <key of the translation>
- Activate the workflow
- Repeat steps for each transition and language
I believe that Steven's response was accurate at the time in 2016.
With JIRA 7.3 and higher, the location of this plugin is no longer under the installation folder. Instead this exists now in the [JIRAHOME]/plugins/installed-plugins/ folder.
Also the properties file could be in a slightly different path of that .jar file now. For example in the JIRA 7.4.x version this file exists in the path of /com/pyxis/greenhopper/jira/actions/BoardAction_de_DE.properties for the German translation.
But otherwise I was able to follow the rest of the instructions. I saved this file back to the folder, zip the contents, rename this to a .jar, replace the translation jar, and restart JIRA to make this work in JIRA 7.3/7.4 versions
Do the following, edit the workflow
Select the transition you want to update and click on edit next to Delete transition from above figure
Perhaps I am not explaining my self. I have a transition that I have named Return to To Do. I need to leave the name of the transition as-is, but I want the button to say To Do (not Return to To Do). I should be able to do this using the transition property jira.i18n.title.
After adding the property to the transition, the button name is not changed as expected.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot