JIRA drop admin access link not working

When I click on the "Drop Access" link after authenticating to obtain admin functions, nothing happens.

2 answers

Hey Ronald!

The only time I've ever seen this happen in the past is when JIRA is set to a language other than English, and that was a long time ago.

To start troubleshooting, I'd start with checking your browser console for any HTTP or Java error messages when clicking the link.  From there, I'd tail the JIRA application logs and watch for generated errors:

JIRA Log Locations

Give that a shot and let me know what you find!

I just discovered another factor in this.

We are using a reverse proxy to support our Jira site via https.  When I am accessing the site through the SSL link, this Drop Access link does not work.  I've also noticed some other functionality, such as selecting Favorite Filters from the search list, also does not work.  However, when I access the site on our internal network via http, the Drop Access link works, and so does the selection of Favorite filters.

Is this something peculiar to the use of a reverse proxy, or is it an indicator that something in my reverse proxy setup is wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Ron

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

622 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you