JIRA default Priorities

Niklas Gotting June 1, 2015

In JIRA 6.4 (I think) Atlassian changed the list of Default list of JIRA Priorities from Blocker, Critical, Major, Minor, Trivial etc. to Highest, Higher, Medium, Lower, Lowest. Our plan is to change to the new values, since our values have been tempered with in a strange way.

I have tried to find some writing around the rational  behind this change, since I consider Atlassian to deliver and change their Products, based on Best Practices.

My reason for asking is that in my Company, there are som User Groups that suggests other values and I want to bring the right ammunition to the table.

4 answers

0 votes
milan_shah March 9, 2020

and now they have changed it to (1) high, (2) Normal and (3) low.

0 votes
Richard Cross December 7, 2017

The change was made in JIRA 6.4, however nothing is mentioned in the Release Notes.  

Your best bet would be to contact Atlassian Support and ask them for an explanation.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2015

Atlassian didn't change the priority names. Are you sure one of your admins didn't change it?

Suggest an answer