JIRA default Priorities

In JIRA 6.4 (I think) Atlassian changed the list of Default list of JIRA Priorities from Blocker, Critical, Major, Minor, Trivial etc. to Highest, Higher, Medium, Lower, Lowest. Our plan is to change to the new values, since our values have been tempered with in a strange way.

I have tried to find some writing around the rational  behind this change, since I consider Atlassian to deliver and change their Products, based on Best Practices.

My reason for asking is that in my Company, there are som User Groups that suggests other values and I want to bring the right ammunition to the table.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Atlassian didn't change the priority names. Are you sure one of your admins didn't change it?

This widget could not be displayed.

The change was made in JIRA 6.4, however nothing is mentioned in the Release Notes.  

Your best bet would be to contact Atlassian Support and ask them for an explanation.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

189 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you