JIRA Watcher Field - Adding watcher with access to specific project

Is there a way to have the list of selectable watchers only display those users with access to a specific project?

The issue I am encountering is that when a user with access to project A begins to create an issue and clicks on the people icon to see the list of available watchers, users with access to Project B, C, & D are displaying as well.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Frank, no, there isn't any way to restrict users at the moment. This means you can potentially add users who anyway cannot access the issue. Even if you do that, these users will not receive notifications because we check permissions.

Nevertheless I created an issue for you to watch progress on the topic.

Thanks Tibor. I'm sure this is a request many users have made. The link to the issue does not seem to be working. Can you resend? Thank you.

This issue has been reported to JIRA support. Also discovered that the entire user list is diplayed when using the issue navigator. Assignees and reporters.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

196 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you