JIRA: Sorting the 'order' of issue status not working properly for many Status fields

Danny Lam December 9, 2021

Greetings everyone!

I am having some problems sorting the 'order' of the 'status' fields in my issues page

[Admin --> Status --> Issues]

I have over 30+ status fields on this page, being used in various JIRA projects my company has setup.

As such, the up/down arrows for 'ordering' these fields do not seem to respond automatically.   

It sometimes takes me 10+ times clicking on the 'up/down' arrow to move a field to one spot up/down the list.

Sometimes, the order of a particular field does not even move at all despite the number of times pressing the up/down arrow.

I am guessing it is due to the large number of status fields we have.  

Here is a pic:

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 10.02.16 AM.png

This has not been easy and very frustrating.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make this process easier?  Is there another solution for this to shift the order around for a field.

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2021

Hi Danny,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I created a support case on your behalf which you can access over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-716047

I suspect that our support team will want to take a closer look at your Cloud environment to better understand this problem. 

Andy

0 votes
Danny Lam December 9, 2021

Just an update: I have tried using different browsers (ie: Chrome/Safari).   Also I have tried incognito window.    I still experience the same issue.

As for the number of status fields, I have counted to be more than 60+ currently active.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events