JIRA ServiceDesk: Creating new project or using existing project?

Deleted user May 14, 2015

Hey there, I am having a question about JIRA Service Desk! What's the way to do it?

Should I create a single project just to manage the support tickets? Or is it suppose to use an existing project? Whats the way Atlasssian is doing it?

Because, for example, if a user is raising a feature request via the ServiceDesk, the ticket will be open for the user till its solved.

Any ideas on this?

All the best, Lars

1 answer

1 vote
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2015

Hi Lars,

If you already have a project you want to keep to manage requests, then you can just enable Service Desk on it. If you want to keep issues separated, then you can create a new project. For example, you may want to have different projects according to products, or the level of support. On both (existing project or new one) you can have issues and keep them opened until you set it as resolved.

Please note that if you enable Service Desk on the project you already have, them you'll need to have an Agent license for each user who assigns issues so they can continue working.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira 

Hi Paula, I guess Atlasssian is having a single project for the support.atlassian.com ServiceDesk?

Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2015

Lars, there's a project per product.

Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
May 14, 2015

So, on the portal you'll see the project that represents a product, and when you click on it you have the request types for that product.

And what is the reason Atlasssian decided to have an own issue type "Support Request" only for the ServiceDesk issues?

And how can I deal with this request feature issue? Because, like I mentioned in the question, if user is raising a feature request via a ticket the issue will be open for this user till the feature request is implemented.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events