JIRA Service Desk SSO (oAuth) Edited

Hello,

We're looking for a way to login to JIRA Service Desk from our own custom customerpanel.
So when our customer logs in to our custom customerpanel, they will see a link to Service Desk.
Once they click that link, they should be redirected to Service Desk and be logged in.

The userbase for the customerpanel is our own, not JIRA's.
Are there any ways to accomplisch this? For example with oAuth 2.0?

I hope you guys can help me out.

Edit: We're using JIRA Server (hosted)

Regards,
Jesse

3 answers

0 vote
Bruno Vincent Community Champion Apr 05, 2017

Hello Jesse,

You can actually implement SSO between your custompanel and Jira with Atlassian Seraph (aka the authentication framework on which Jira is based).

You will need to edit seraph-config.xml so as to tell Jira to redirect unauthenticated users to the customerpanel authentication form and write your own custom authenticator to provide them with Single Sign-On.

Thank you for your answer, Bruno.

I don't have any expierence with Java.
Do you know how much code is involved?
Is it only the piece of code on the following page:
https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-seraph/latest/sso.html ?

Thanks in advance,
Jesse

Bruno Vincent Community Champion Apr 20, 2017

Hi Jesse,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Looks like I didn't get the notification.

Yes, that's pretty much it.

In Jira's case, you will need to extend JiraSeraphAuthenticator (which extends  DefaultAuthenticator itself) as explained on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/single-sign-on-integration-with-the-atlassian-stack-794495126.html

Can I do something like this with Crowd?

Bruno Vincent Community Champion Apr 20, 2017

Yes, Crowd could be an option but as far as I can read from your particular context it sounds like a a more complex option than customising Seraph. What is your custom userbase? (LDAP? Database?)

Hello Jesse!

Have a look at our Kerberos/SAML plugin.

With Kerberos, your internal users are automatically logged in. Customers and mobile devices can benefit from SSO with SAML.

There is no need for any modification of your JIRA/Service Desk installation other than installing the add-on!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/no.kantega.kerberosauth.kerberosauth-plugin/server/overview

Reach out to us at SSO@kantega.no, and we are hppy to help!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

257 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you