JIRA Server - Agile Wallboard Gadget announcement does not disappear

edv-betrieb
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2018

Hi,

we are using JIRA Server (Software). In some of our dashboards we added the "Agile Wallboard Gadget". It works so far. But since in the Kanbanboard behind this gadget got an announcement like this:

announcement.PNGThe announcement also appears like a picture (because there is no reaction by clicking the links or the x-button) in the Agile Wallboard Gadget of our dashboards. I had already closed this announcement in the relevant kanbanboard. But this announcment like a picture in the Agile Wallboard Gadget of our dashboards does not react and does not disappear.

Has anyone an idea how we can remove it from the Agile Wallboard Gadget of our dashboards in Jira?

Many thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Henrique Bittencourt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2018

Hello!

Thanks for reaching the Atlassian Community!

The described behavior is a fresh-already-known-bug, please take a look at the following:

I encourage you to vote on the bug ticket to increase its popularity and add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed of progress going forward.

So, since there isn't a fix yet, you can follow the instructions of the "Workaround" section:

It is possible to disable the banner altogether by modifying $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/application-installation/jira-software-installation/jira-greenhopper-plugin-xxxx.jar/atlassian-plugin.xml and commenting out all sections referencing KanplanAcknowledge resources:

<!--<resource type="download" name="KanPlanAcknowledge.js" location="includes/js/rapid/ui/kanplan/KanPlanAcknowledge.js"/>-->
<!--<resource type="download" name="KanPlanAcknowledge.soy.js" location="includes/js/rapid/ui/kanplan/KanPlanAcknowledge.soy"/>-->

Save the modified file in a JAR file, and restart Jira for change to take effect.

I do completely understand that the workaround can be cumbersome on the users, but it's the only alternative that we have at the moment.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer