JIRA - Removing plugin is not working properly

Sylvain Munaut
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 17, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to remove some un-used plugins from our local jira install.

They're in the list of "user-installed add-ons", I press "uninstall" all goes well, it says "successfully un-installed".

But then there is two issues : Upon restart of jira, they re-appear in the list as having an update available. They appear as disables and don't have an uninstall button, but I don't want them in the list at all.

Another issue is that for example the hip chat pluging seems to still have hooks installed and so I get some errors about non-existant class in the logs ...

Cheers,

Sylvain

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sylvain Munaut
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 17, 2014

Ok, when reading the logs, I saw that hipchat and the other plugins I was un-installing were "system plugins" despite being shown in the "user installed addons" section and that the only thing I was un-installing was the update.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2014

Start by reading the log file for the startup where it loads the plugins, and then when you click "uninstall". The "non existant class" implies youve managed to remove some of the plugin, so I'd be investigating what it thinks it is loading during startup!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events