It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA PowerBI Service data refresh not working

I have created PBI report using Jira_PowerBI_ContentPack  and published on PowerBI service. all the data set perfectly refreshed on PBI desktop but PBI service it didn't work 

Error details

Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.

I have tested with Jira password & Token both not working

Last refresh failed: Mon Sep 23 2019 09:34:27 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time) 
Scheduled refresh has been disabled.
Hide details

Data source error: Scheduled refresh is disabled because at least one data source is missing credentials. To start the refresh again, go to this dataset's settings page and enter credentials for all data sources. Then reactivate scheduled refresh.
Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 13ff136a-6d49-45a0-bdf5-3f09e985f583
Request ID: c06923bd-a006-5d9d-368a-19573b34a5e8
Time: 2019-09-23 04:04:27Z

2 answers

0 votes
Dario Atlassian Team Sep 26, 2019

Hi JineshM@lolctech.com ,

Can you kindly provide more details on this issue?

Is this for Jira Server or Cloud?

Are you using any of the add-ons to integrate with powerBI listed in our marketplace:

Please feel free to add as many details as possible (screenshots are welcome too).

Cheers,
Dario

Cloud version 

does this removed from marketplace.

if its removed what is the best alternative  way of publishing Jira dashboard to power BI service.

I have created PBI report using Jira_PowerBI_ContentPack  it's works with PBI desktop version with username and jira password, but once published into PBI service connection didn't work for token / password both 

Dario Atlassian Team Sep 27, 2019

JineshM@lolctech.com ,

I am not sure I understand what is removed.

The provided link is a search query returning a number of different add-ons and I was only asking if you are using any of them.

Now, if the question is about the credentials to use to authenticate against Jira Cloud, then you must use email address and API Token .

If this is not working please try to create a new API Token first. Then, if this still does not work provide as many details as possible on what you are doing and what is failing.

Please notice that I have no knowledge of powerBI I can only help on the Jira part. 

Cheers,
Dario

Dario Atlassian Team Sep 27, 2019

JineshM@lolctech.com ,

By searching a bit around I have found the below thread on powerBI forum that might be related:

In any case, you may want to ask for help on this in the powerBI forum as well.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

236 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you