JIRA Portfolio not showing closed issues as part of epic in progress

Graham Leto February 16, 2017

I have a Portfolio project with a start date of Feb 1 2017. I have an Epic in this project that started progress on that same date, we'll call it "Epic 1." Epic 1 is assigned to "Team A" and it has a total size of 120 story points (sum of all child stories). This all appeared correctly in the project.

In Sprint 1 (start Feb 1 2017, end Feb 15 2017), Team A closed 58 points of Epic A. At some point yesterday (I think it was after closing the sprint), my project showed Epic A with a total size of 62, and showed no progress (full grey progress bar instead of showing half green). When I expand the epic to view the stories underneath it, all of the closed issues no longer appear.

I have made sure that I am showing all open and completed issues using the status filter for the project. What is going on?

6 answers

5 votes
Graham Leto February 23, 2017

Someone from JIRA reached out to me with the solution. I needed to go to the "More" dropdown, pick "Completion Date", and on the menu, select "Custom Date" and set it to the date I was looking for. This made my epic appear correctly in the plan.

Cyrielle Agueda Rosa February 19, 2018

Right it did work for me this way. Thanks!

Aiysha Chaudry April 18, 2018

Hi I tried to do the same and it did not work for me. I changed the date to the beginning of the project and I still can't see the closed tickets. I have checked my filters in the sources as well as on the boards I used. Please can someone help?

Aiysha Chaudry April 19, 2018

I have noticed if you deselect your team and select all teams then you can see the progress bar against each Epic

Sean Smith April 20, 2018

I am having the same issue. The filter includes stories that are done and my portfolio view has completion date set to include them. However stories are not included against the epic.

We noticed because the epic switch to being grey as if it was underestimated even though there were stories and they all had story points on them but they were also all completed.

Like Jesus Fernandez likes this
Carlos Eduardo González June 26, 2018

Same issue here, it won't show released items...any help here!?

Dan Lewis February 27, 2020

After adjusting the completed date filter, the stories are showing up again, but the Team Menbers and Sprint fields are blank. I need to be abel to see when these were completed. Anyone know a solution?

1 vote
Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2019

I'm also seeing this issue. Epics are "Closed" with a Resolution field and the Resolved Date is set. It is in the Release I'm interested in seeing, but no Closed Epics are showing in my plan. Is there a solution here?

1 vote
cloud-operations January 25, 2019

Same issue here.

Tried updating the issue source, and found that on the page when confirming issues to select it does not list completed items.

So if something is completed outside of Portfolio, we can never add it to Portfolio?

0 votes
Kathi Paquet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Some of projects in Portfolio show the 'Closed" issues and another project does not?  Has this been fixed?

0 votes
Jesus Fernandez February 6, 2019

I have the same issue, also registered a post with some screenshots:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Portfolio-for-Jira-questions/Portfolio-won-t-show-Done-Completed-issues/qaq-p/999801#U999846

The issues completed are not showing in portfolio, no matter the filter and set ups I can play with. I review the sources, and they will not bring back the completed issues, but in the scrum board they appear, in the jira reports, they show, but not portfolio

Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2019

hi @Jesus Fernandez ,

Can you please check if the issues that are closed having the resolution field and resolved date set. I guess that should fix the issue

0 votes
Hoang Tran February 22, 2017

Same issue here.  Any answer?

Dave Cavell September 7, 2018

+1

Deepak Anekal November 29, 2018

Can anyone please answer this ?

Dan Lewis February 27, 2020

Same issue, this just started a few weeks ago

Suggest an answer