I have a Portfolio project with a start date of Feb 1 2017. I have an Epic in this project that started progress on that same date, we'll call it "Epic 1." Epic 1 is assigned to "Team A" and it has a total size of 120 story points (sum of all child stories). This all appeared correctly in the project.
In Sprint 1 (start Feb 1 2017, end Feb 15 2017), Team A closed 58 points of Epic A. At some point yesterday (I think it was after closing the sprint), my project showed Epic A with a total size of 62, and showed no progress (full grey progress bar instead of showing half green). When I expand the epic to view the stories underneath it, all of the closed issues no longer appear.
I have made sure that I am showing all open and completed issues using the status filter for the project. What is going on?
Someone from JIRA reached out to me with the solution. I needed to go to the "More" dropdown, pick "Completion Date", and on the menu, select "Custom Date" and set it to the date I was looking for. This made my epic appear correctly in the plan.
I am having the same issue. The filter includes stories that are done and my portfolio view has completion date set to include them. However stories are not included against the epic.
We noticed because the epic switch to being grey as if it was underestimated even though there were stories and they all had story points on them but they were also all completed.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs