Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio won't show Done/Completed issues

Jesus Fernandez February 6, 2019

Hi,

I am really struggling with what it seems a nasty bug on Portfolio. The completed issues won't appear and portfolio won't update on the progress of epics and projects I have selected on them.

Note that those same stories would appear normally in their respective boards and reports when working with Jira (not portfolio). I've been working with Jira projects for over 5 years already and I review all possible settings, filters, but the problem is not in Jira!

Screenshot 2019-02-06 09.25.18.png

When reading all the posts related to this topic, none provides a solution and I still tried all possibilities

Screenshot 2019-02-06 at 09.22.36.pngWhen I tried to recreate the sources, Portfolio would not bring Done/Completed stories either.

So basically, it seems that portfolio is failing to bring them up (I repeat, the original boards show the completed stories, but the sources in portfolio using same boards would not)

Any ideas?

8 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jesus Fernandez February 11, 2019

With the help of the support team (at least the pointed it out to the right place), I noticed that some views in the reports ("scheduled range") were the reasons for my issues.

Problem now is that I need a lot of clicks to move from views to views to refine filters, because I am refusing to write target start/end date in the stories or sub-tasks

1 vote
Sid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2020

In Portfolio, there is section called completed issues in issue sources

So adjust it and see if issue solvesScreen Shot 2020-06-24 at 8.23.09 PM.png

Wendy Kite July 16, 2020

i have the same problem, checked this and plan includes completed issues for 1000 days but they are not showing up in Plan

New to JIra/Confluence October 1, 2022

This Fixed my problem. You Rock Sid. 

1 vote

The issues that have been completed are in the current sprint, and by default, the current sprint has started/scheduled date

Screenshot 2019-02-06 09.59.55.png

0 votes
Yaz Tokdemir June 2, 2021

I can suggest a workaround on this issue.

You just need to find those "Done" tickets and take them back to the previous level (in my case "Deploy") and then take it back to "Done" . You'll see tickets are popping up on your portfolio view based on target start/end dates. 

Making these tickets "Done" again won't hurt your portfolio view as the view is based on target start & target end dates not the actual date of completion.

0 votes
ripsi_1 March 6, 2020

I had this issue this week. We wanted to see Done issues on the Portfolio page because we also had the Accepted state that was shown in the Scope Portfolio view. It was annoying not too see Done before it got accepted.

To make sure Done shows up you need to mark the Story, etc... as Resolved, NOT Done when you actually hit the Done button on a User Story. Make sense?

So it has to be Done/Resolved instead of Done/Done.

That worked. And although helpful, it wasn't making a new column in our Kanban board, although we created one called "In Review," for Done issues before they became Accepted.

Additionally, we also didn't feel like we needed to go back 365 days or half a year for issues completed in the last 3 months or Quarter. 

So hopefully this will help others.

0 votes
Guy LAROCHELLE October 1, 2019

We have the same problem in our organization. We use several filters as sources to remove subtasks from the Portfolio plan scope, but our filters include everything else and when viewed through Jira, we can see all the "Done" stories.

However, when editing the plan "Sources", the "Done" items do not show at all. So it appears as though Portfolio adds some more filtering to remove those items from the sources and I would like to disable that.

Is this a bug? How do we prevent that? We need the "Done" items to show!

Jeff Ermalinski October 9, 2019

I had same issue.  For Portfolio plans we use filters to pull data and everything but Done issues were appearing.  Running filter query from Jira you could see all the Done issues as well.  I went into the Portfolio plan and modified the Completed issues to be included to go back 365 days (you shouldn't need to go that far).   I saved and went back to the Roadmap and adjusted the date range using the custom setting and went back a few months.   Finally I refreshed Portfolio to reload data in memory with new settings and the Done items were now showing in the Roadmap view for the Plan.

0 votes
mfabris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2019

Here is the answer from Atlassian

"Currently there is not information showing completion date in Portfolio however you may add Issue Status column under the gear/cog icon in the scope section of the plan itself.

In order to see the completed issues in the plan, you will need to ensure that all completed issues have a valid resolution value so that it will only display in the plan itself."

and what is their definition of "valid" resolution status? if not status "DONE" and resolution "done"

mfabris
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2019

If I were you I would just open a new support request, may be mentioning this conversation. After all Portfolio is an expensive tool and you are more than entitled to assistance directly from Atlassian.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like Jesus Fernandez likes this

Just did it

if anyone else is reading, images are priceless

image1

Screenshot 2019-02-06 16.09.07.png

image2

Screenshot 2019-02-06 16.09.19.png

the moment the tickets are moved to done/done, then the issues disappear in the portfolio view no matter the options I select in the drop-downs, they simply won't show in the source feed when setting up the plan

0 votes
mfabris
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2019

Hi Jesus

Portfolio unfortunately will not do that.

I also invested a lot of time investigating about this topic, and entered in contact with Atlassian.

Here are my findings, hoping to save you some trouble.

The documentation is in this page.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfoliocloud/tracking-progress-and-status-828785247.html#

My issue was that I was expecting to see completed issues in the timeline in the past, but that was never the case.

I have contacted Atlassian several times and talked with one of their support staff members.

Portfolio can only display two dates for the issues: scheduled and target scheduled.
These dates cannot be changed or decided, but are shown on the basis of the availability and of their position in the sprint or in the backlog.

Portfolio does not display data such as the creation date or the resolution date of a ticket.

So if you want issues to be displayed in the timeline, first you have to make sure that all the filters in the timeline timeline allow for the issues that are already completed. Then you have to make sure all those issues belong to a sprint which actually has a starting/scheduled date. If these conditions are satisfied, you should be able to see them.

I hope this helps or at least saves some time 

Best

Blaise Rey-Mermet February 6, 2019

Helpful. I have the same issue (Portfolio for JIRA 2.17.1).  I adapted my filters. Any information on how to deal with complete issues in the portfolio is welcome.

Like Jesus Fernandez likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events