[JIRA] How to prevent e-mail notifications on adding attachments?

In the issue view screen, click 'More Actions --> Attach Files', and upload an attachment. A notification e-mail is sent. Apperantly 'Issue Updated' event is triggered.

One of our clients is asking if there's a way to disable this e-mail notification without affecting the usual e-mail which is sent when an issue is updated. So, when user edits an issue and changes one or several fields, an e-mail should be sent. But, when adding an attachment, an e-mail should not be sent.

Is there any possible workaround to accomplish this?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Richie Gee Atlassian Team May 01, 2013

Hi there,

There is an improvement request on these, I think you should vote and perhaps making it more popular by commenting on it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-29123

This will speed things up as the devs is following this policy on implementing.

Hope this reach out to other customers as well, cheers :)

Thanks! I'm voting for the issue and the related one.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

175 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you