JIRA Cloud integration with Jenkins server

Deleted user July 24, 2018

Hello,

I am trying to integrate Jira cloud with Jenkins server ( installed in AWS ), where I am 

using http://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211376/jenkins-integration-for-jira  add-on for this integration.

I am getting some issues while adding the site ( Jenkins RPC URL ) in this add-on. Can anyone know the steps for this integration? 

Attaching the error screenshot for reference.

jen.JPG

9 answers

0 votes
Huy Ngo April 25, 2019

Thanks @Mark Rekveld - Marvelution . I installed the latest https://repository.marvelution.org/content/repositories/releases/org/marvelution/jji/assemblies/jenkins-jira-plugin/3.5.0/jenkins-jira-plugin-3.5.0.hpi latest build. 

and just saw this on ML:

Currently Jenkins Integration for Jira Cloud only supports publicly available Jenkins instances. There is a ticket open  JJI-572 - Support Jenkins behind a Firewall IN PROGRESS  to also expand this to Jenkins instances that are behind a firewall and that cannot be made publicly available.

My Jenkins behind the AWS ELB with firewall, and private Kubernetes also have iptables enable. So, I think that's the reason why.

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2019

Could be indeed. If the Jenkins instance is not accessible by the publish internet then it is currently not supported by the cloud app.

0 votes
Huy Ngo April 24, 2019

I'm facing the same issue, I also installed the jenkins-integrate-jira plugin but the validate setting still failed with message: "failed to login to jira". It can be my jenkins is behind AWS ELB and inside a Kubernetes private cloud. I opened a support ticket for Marvelution MS-122 CR due to json parse error in log file.

Thanks,
Huy

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 25, 2019

Hi Huy,

You may need to verify that you have teh correct add-on installed. The integration requires the Jira Integration for Jenkins add-on, see https://docs.marvelution.org/jji/cloud/release-notes

Cheers,
Mark

Marketplace Partner
April 25, 2019

Removed this, duplicate reply submission

0 votes
Deleted user July 25, 2018

@Mark Rekveld - Marvelution Yes, It's worked. I have uploaded the plugin in Jenkins and tried the integration and its got successful.  

However, after the job synchronization could able to see bug creation in my JIRA portal.

Marketplace Partner
July 25, 2018

If you are looking to create a new issue in Jira based on build data synchronized form Jenkins, that you will have to wait until JJI-473 is implemented. This feature story will add automation in Jira and Jenkins to the add-on.

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
July 24, 2018

@[deleted], as the message stated you need the 'Jira Integration for Jenkins' plugin not the 'Jira plugin'.

0 votes
Deleted user July 24, 2018

Hello @Vickey Palzor Lepcha @Mark Rekveld - Marvelution Thanks for your swift response, I have already installed this "JIRA Plugin" in my Jenkins server and configured it to integrate with my JIRA cloud account successfully (below screenshot fyr) where I'm facing problem on the other end integration JIRA - Jenkins. 

jen.JPG

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2018

You can also download the plugin and upload and install manually in your Jenkins ServerCapture.JPG

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2018

Capture.JPG

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
July 24, 2018

Hi @[deleted]

@Vickey Palzor Lepcha is correct, you need to install the counterpart add-on in Jenkins as well. Follow the link Release Notes in the message.

There you can download the Jenkins add-on that will allow you to integrate the two.

For future help/issues, I would suggest you create a support ticket at the support portal. That is the place where I get notified on new requests and can thus help you quicker.

Cheers,
Mark

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2018

I'm not sure about the integration between the two - but by looking at the MESSAGE - it seems you may have to install a plugin on jenkins server end as well.

You might want to read more on that end of the integration - not sure where but I made a common sense guess reading the error message :p

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events