JIRA Cloud and Jira On Premise Interoperability

If I have a JIRA Cloud Service and also a Jira installation On Premise, can I make the two team interoperate together?

I would like to have shared accounts and be allowed to link issues between the two platform, or reassign an issue from platform 1 to a user in platform 2 and so on...

Thank you

4 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Sep 29, 2017

To sync issues between cloud and server you need an app, like Backbone Issue Sync for Jira

There are a couple of synchronisation solutions available - check following link

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=issue+sync

Next to Backbone, Exalate is a synchronisation solution which provides flexibility and autonomy including cloud to cloud integrations.

Francis

PS.  I'm part of the team working on Exalate :-)

0 votes

You can link between them, but the two systems are, well, two separate systems.  The closest you can get is to use the same SAML based user directory to provide the users to both systems, but deep down, both systems will be treating the users as effectively copies of each other.

Your best bet is not tight integration here, but synchronisation.  Go with Mikael and Francis' answers.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,711 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you