JIRA: Can I edit "boards in this project" to exclude a board?

Sabrina Dixon April 27, 2017

In JIRA at the top left there is either the ellipses or the drop-down for "boards in this project" that lists all boards/views related to the project.  

Two boards are now showing up in this list that are based upon filters but are otherwise, not directly related to the project.  I would like to exclude these boards from showing in the "boards in this project" list.

Can this be done?

3 answers

1 vote
Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

I ignore "boards in this project" and use Add Link to add a link to boards we care about in Project Shortcuts 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-16717 has some steps to disable "boards in this project" 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

Yes.

But it's not a "include stuff and then arbitrarily exclude stuff later", it's "get the selection right".  

Change the filter so that it does not include the projects you want to drop.  In some cases, probably including yours, the easiest way is to simply add "and project not in (abc, xyz)" to the filter.

ColinJ January 30, 2020

Let's assume my board looks like this

[Project AA]

AA Board [v]

-- Board XX

-- Board ZZ

I own project AA and use the "AA Board".

Some other user created "Board XX" and "Board ZZ" and their filter includes an issue from my project AA, which apparently causes them to show up on my Project Board.
I am not interested in either board and I also cannot modify their filters to ensure they won't include an issue from project AA.

The title "Boards in this project" in the switcher seems to be backwards. Instead, what it appears to show are "Boards that include issues from this project". 

How can I prevent that my own board / project view gets cluttered with other people's (non project members') boards?

Like Chris K likes this
Nicolas Charlton February 2, 2022

I'd like to know the answer to this scenario as well as our firm is facing the exact same issue. It would be ideal to allow a decluttering of the "Boards in this project" switcher as many individuals are likely to build their own private boards which include multiple Jira projects as our teams are highly collaborative in nature. 

Like # people like this
Becky September 20, 2023

Having the same issue. Hope this feature being implemented soon!

0 votes
Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- Same issue here. Is there a solution for the scenario, described by @ColinJ ?

Greetings Chris

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

Hi Chris,

It's the same answer - get the filters for the boards fixed. 

I missed the first comment from 3 years ago at the time, but there was not a lot I could do with it - it didn't tell us about the filters or board configs.

Like Chris K likes this
Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2023

Thank you, Nic, for the quick response.

I'll try my luck with the filters and let you know, when I succeeded :)

Suggest an answer