It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA Admin - JIRA Status Sort - can't reorder statuses to pull last one up the list

Using JIRA Cloud I am in Administration > Issues > Statuses. I'm re-ordering the statuses. 

When I try to reorganize the items at the bottom of the list, they simply don't move. When I try to swap the last two, neither moves. The one at the bottom of the list is in the "In Progress" category. I'm trying to more it up the list so it will sort before the ones in the "Done" category.

The third one from the bottom also won't move down or up.

If I go to the sixth one from the bottom, I can push it down at least three spots, and push it back up. I don't want to push it any farther down for fear it could get stuck in one of the last three spots.

Has anybody else seen a problem like this? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Trudy,

Welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out, that is weird behavior.

I just tested this out on my cloud site and I am not seeing the same behavior so it does not look like platform bug, but there could be an incompatibility issue in the browser.  I did my test on latest chrome Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit), are you using a different browser or browser version by chance?

Also, I would suggest running through the recommended checks in our "Browser Troubleshooting Guide" , in the "Indispensable tests" section to rule out a few possibilities like browser extensions and caching that are common causes of one off behavior issues.   Then I would recomend launching the browsers development tools console to see if any errors are noted in the console logs that could help narrow down the issue.

Let me know what you find

Regards,
Earl

Thank you for the suggestions, Earl.

I am using Chrome v77.0. I had the issue in Chrome originally last Friday. Since then I had exited and restarted Chrome, but the issue was still occurring yesterday. Yesterday I had replicated the issue in Safari also. Since yesterday I have exited Chrome and restarted it again (I do that daily).

Just now I pulled the JIRA tab from my multi-tab Chrome window into its own window, and opened the Developer Tools to check for errors. Subsequently, the item moved this time, so the problem is now not reproducing. I'll make note of your suggestions for next time, though.

Regards,

Trudy Claspill

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

I was totally perplexed on this issue and after I read this, I upgraded my browser and refreshed several times and was finally successful.  Thanks so much!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you