JIRA Access log Analyser Limits.

siva September 8, 2019

Trying to analyze Jira ( Atlassian-jira.log ) file Using Jira Access log Analyzer.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/jira-access-log-analyzer-687025035.html#JiraAccessLogAnalyzer-Installation

But When i download the analyzer in Windows and run the code.

((java -jar access-log-analyser-2.0.jar --num-categories=100 --file=atlassian-jira.log ))

In the command prompt.

ERROR : Too many parse errors: 100
Unable to parse at least one file: analysis aborted.

Check the screen shots for reference.

1 answer

1 vote
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2019

@sivaThis tool is only meant to run against access logs not full atlassian-jira log.

You can find access logs in <JIRA_INSTALLATION>/logs directory, run it against those files. Example,

java -jar access-log-analyser-2.0.jar --num-categories=100 --file=<JIRA_INSTALLATION>/logs/access_log.* 
siva September 9, 2019

@DPKJ 

Thank you , i have been using ((catalina.2019-08-24)) for the logs,

still it shows the same error.

Capture 1.PNG

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2019

@sivayou are again mistaken, don't use any other log file then access_log

This jar file only analyzes access logs.

Like # people like this
siva September 9, 2019

My Bad..!! :)

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 9, 2019

@sivait is fine. Happy to help community. If you think my answer was helpful, try to up-vote and mark it as accepted. So it can be helpful for someone else in future.

Suggest an answer