JIRA API which returns last login time of all users

Aayushi Aggarwal August 14, 2019

Hello All, 

Is there a JIRA REST API which can give information about last login time of all users of the JIRA instance?

If yes, then please provide me the details of the request URL and headers for the same if i wish to use cookie-based authentication.

Regards,

Aayushi

1 answer

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2019

Jira server rest API doesn't provide this information.

You can read this article to fetch this information from Database (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/retrieve-last-login-dates-for-users-from-the-database-363364638.html)

Moreover, you can write a custom Jira Plugin with exposed Rest API with this data.

Khushi Tebrewal March 4, 2020

Hello, is there a way to get last login for users from Confluence Cloud- the artivle you referenced above looks like it's for Jira Server. Thanks for your help. We have several customers requesting this so we can build an integration. 

Like # people like this
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2020

@Khushi Tebrewal  and @Aayushi Aggarwal  I am afraid this is not possible as of now.

Tomáš Petržilka May 18, 2020

very disappointing not having this feature for JIRA CLOUD..  the user management is completely insufficient in JIRA Cloud.. as a project manager I cannot see the users who are active, I even cannot ask the global admins to give me export of such information to external file due to missing API..  I have no words..  the most used company ticketing tool and so limited..  

Like # people like this
Stéphane Dubois September 24, 2020

very disappointing as well.

You say that to know the active users, the only way is to ask each of them? come on we're in 2020!

Like # people like this
Ismail Uwair April 17, 2023

you cant be seriuos! JIRA Cloud costs a huge amount of money but doesnt provide basic apis.

Like # people like this
Bart De Jonge April 25, 2023

Very disappointing!

I just want to set users who were more than 3 months not on Jira to inactive! my company pay's more than 30.000 euro each year. Unbelievable!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer