JETI plugin for external users together with notification scheme on project for JIRA users

Therese Lindepil February 18, 2014

Hi,

I m a bit confused on how JETI should be configured.

I m using JETI for external customers that are not users in JIRA. They send emails to an incoming emailhandler.

I have configured JETI with templates and notifications for each event - which works fine.

When a JIRA user is creating a ticket in JIRA (not through the emailhandler) I would like to send emails as well. I have then created a notification scheme that is placed on the project. The problem here is that then the external customers get two email on say create. One from JETI (the emailhandler) and one from JIRA notification scheme that is placed on the project.

How do I solve this?

1. I don t want two emails to external customers but I still would like to be able to communicate with JIRA users inside JIRA...!

Therese

4 answers

0 votes
Rob May January 19, 2015

Attention JIRA Service Desk users - I had this as well, but had an additional step to resolve.

I had to disable the global JSD overriding notification scheme in addition to what Vera configured above.

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Therese,

You should use only 1 notification scheme. So set up JETI and in the Administration of the Project, go to Notification Scheme and choose "None". That was the trick I got from the developers and it's what worked for me!

Good luck!

0 votes
Shabbir Kahodawala July 1, 2014

Does your email handler automatically create a JIRA issue? if so then
Suggestion : Keep a custom field in the Create-Issue form. 'Send to Externals' with values Yes/No. Make sure that the default value of this field is NO and the email-handler does not reset it to Yes; only a manual creator does not.

Now enter the condition in JETI under the EVENT context - project = YOURPROJECT AND "Send to Externals" = Yes

This will ensure the emails goes only when Issue is manually created

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hi Therese,

How are you doing with this problem? I have a similar one, with issue commented...

Suggest an answer