JEMH + multiple .eml files in issue

Hi

How is it possible that an issue gets created with more than 1 .eml file. I have a mail which includes forwarded mails, and normal emails to and from people, with different subjects. Now when this mail is sent to a inbox that jemh is looking at, the issue is created, but 2 .eml files are being attached. How can I force it to only do one .eml file attachment

Thank you

1 answer

0 vote
Andy Brook Community Champion Feb 04, 2016

An email received by JEMH may have multiple 'other' emails within it that were attached or included.  Its not possible to know whether it was intentional so any 'content' found is added.  If you want to blacklist adding .eml files, you can do so.

There is a 'deep scan' feature in JEMH (Email > Attachments > Add Embedded Atts) that stops the extraction of content found within message types, try  disabling that.  Failing which, please log a support case, and provide an example email, exported from JEMH auditing that exhibits the problem described:

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

711 views 6 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you