Options for SLA notification within Jira before breach?

Deborah O January 18, 2022

Can people be notified before issues breaches on JIRA

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Zulfiqar Bin Zafar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2022

Hello @Deborah O ,

You can use the Project Automation that comes native to Jira. It has an SLA Threshold Breach trigger you can configure in a rule, then create the action of notification to your agents.

1221.png

Thanks & Regards,

Zulfiqar Bin Zafar

Deborah O January 19, 2022

Thank you Zulfiqar

Zulfiqar Bin Zafar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2022

Your welcome,

And if this helped you please accept my answer so that more and more people can get benefit.

0 votes
Olha Onofriichuk_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2022

Hi, @Deborah O 

Are you still looking for the answer? If yes, I'd like to help you with your question.

People can be notified before issues breaches on JIRA. For such a case, you can use SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on where you can set Time goals and set up notifications to one user or a group of users to remind them about exceeded issues.

You can add one or a few time goals to define how many reminders you want to get before the issues breaches. 

Here is how it works:

time goals notifications.png

Also, this add-on is created by my SaaSJet team, so if you have any questions, I’m here to answer them.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2022

Hi @Deborah O 

Can you clarify what you mean by an issue breach?

Ste

Deborah O January 19, 2022

I create a ticket and would like to be notified before it breaches at any stage. e.g before it breaches at prioritization stage or root cause analysis stage

Suggest an answer