Issue with hover over on a User Profile in Jira Cloud

Sanjay Sohal July 17, 2019

When I hover over on a User Profile it does not display their email address anymore.

The issue started: Around July 8, 2019

For example, when I hover over on the Reporter on of a ticket, it was showing the Name. Timezone and email address of the user. But I do not see the e-mail address anymore.

There were no changes made by our superuser. Can we get this fixed? 

1 answer

0 votes
Aleksandr Zuevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2019

Hi,

New profile visibility control settings are launched which allow users to hide or unhide parts of their Atlassian Account profile (https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility). The default value for email address visibility is "Only you and admins". So emails are not visible for users who have not changed default visibility settings.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2019

A bit more information to share if interested...

Here is an article about the privacy changes for GDPR compliance.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trust-Security/New-Privacy-Settings-Take-Control-of-Your-Data/gpm-p/1132488

Mark Clark September 20, 2019

Is there a way to turn off the hover completely?

Unless the mouse movement is just right, there is this obnoxiously large profile tooltip in the way.

Like # people like this
nAtE October 31, 2019

Yes, please tell us how to disable the hover cards. Multiple times per day the hover card will persist when not even in a hover state and it block fields on the ticket I am viewing.

Like # people like this
nAtE December 9, 2019

I finally found sweet relief from the "obnoxiously large profile tooltip" by creating an adblock filter:

your-jira-domain.com##:xpath(//*[@id="profilecard-app"]/div)

Suggest an answer