Issue with ScriptRunner builtin workflow postfunction Assign to role member

Hi, I am using version 3.0.6 of Script Runner to assign an issue to a project role member upon Issue Creation. Unfortunately that doesn't work and the log doesn't output anything either.

Is this supported during issue creation?

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

How are you doing it? Where in the list of post-functions have you put whatever it is that's changing the assignee?

Hi Jamie, it's second after Creates the issue originally. It Reads: 2. Script workflow function: Assign this issue to the first member of the <name of role> role That rol is defined for the project and has 2 users.

hi.... what is the name of the script? Is it one you wrote or one shipped?

It's the builtin Assign to first member of role.

Just to confirm that (for me) this works for every other transition except the Create transition.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

222 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you