Issue security configuring problem

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

I've had a working Issue Security level in my service project for quite some time now. 

Example.png

I made a new Issue Type and Request Type. I need to be able to set a different Default for it. I'm confused on this set up and if it's a possibility even. 

For example: 

New Issue Type: Security 

New Request Type: Report Security Incident 

I only want two people to have access to this work , in this Service project. What can I do to achieve that with my already existing security level for project ? 

(I've read this documentation so far , Configure issue security schemes | Atlassian Support) 

Any advice is appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Sierra , it's been a minute since I've worked with Security Levels for JSM but I believe the missing piece here is to:

1. Make sure the Security Level field is available on the Security Issue Type's Create/View Screen
  2. Add the Security Level field to the Report Security Incident (this should automatically be added as a Hidden Field and Hidden Fields always have to specify their default value)

When you or anyone else raises a new Report Security Incident after completing the above, your Security Level should automatically be set.

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2022

Hi @Michael Andolfatto  , yes I do have 1 and 2 covered. 

When I created a Report Security Incident right now for example , it sets the issue to the Default , in my screenshot. 

But I'm going to need Report Security Incident to only be seen by 2 specific people. 

I'm not sure how to incorporate this new work into my project with my existing work that already uses a security level. 

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2022

Hey @Sierra , you have your Issue Security Scheme configured correctly. 

I just tested the above and it works on my end (issue was created with Level 2 automatically)

image.png

Could you please take a screenshot of the Security Level field on your request type? Specifically to see which value it is set as. Like the following:

image.png

If this is set correctly I can take a look at other troubleshooting. Thanks

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2022

I can see the lock, but when I hover over it , it say's Default. (image 1) I need for every time this specific issue type / request type is made , my security level is applied. That I just added(image 2) 

Test.png

Example2.png

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2022

Sorry submitted replies at the same time , reading yours now ^

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2022

I think that's the piece I'm missing then @Michael Andolfatto 

RequestType.png

How do I set the security level , to a specific level ?

Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2022

Example3.png

Seems like I just need to know how to have this issue/request type automatically set to the security level I want? In my case , it needs to be the View Issue Type: Security but it's Default when the issue is made.

@Michael Andolfatto 

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2022

Hey @Sierra ,

To do this, go to your Project's Settings > Request Types > Click on the Request Type you want to set this for > Request Form

There should be a blue button called Add a Field which you should click to add Security Level if it is not already there.

Once added, scroll down to the Hidden fields with preset values section and find Security Level. Click on Edit Value to set the default value for this request type.

image.png

Like Sierra likes this
Sierra
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2022

Oddly, my screen doesn't look like yours when I do that. It used to recently actually. 

A.png

There isn't a way for me to preset the value - like I can for other fields. But , it's okay because I created an automation rule that solved my problem. To set the security level to what I need it to be every time my request type is made. So yay !! Thanks for your time. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events