Issue checklist pro permissions

Sven Pardijs April 13, 2021

Hello,

We are working with the Issue checklist pro app. But we would like configure permission per checklist. So we could make a checklist available for only one specific project. 

Could anyone tell how this can be done?

3 answers

0 votes
Sven Pardijs April 14, 2021

Hi,

in the picture below the used checklists are visualized. What we would like to do is make checklist "Definition of Done for a story" only available for project 1.

And make the checklist "Definition of Done for a technical task" only available for project 2.

I hope you would understand my question now well, and could help me with a solution. 

Picture Jira problem.PNG

Greetings,

Sven Pardijs

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 14, 2021

Hi Sven,

Thank you for the detailed screenshot.

That is not possible at the moment as all the templates are shared between projects. 

However, this is something that the team wants to address in one of the coming versions. 

Cheers,
Jack

Sven Pardijs April 14, 2021

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your answer. 

Ok, then I will be waiting for the next version. 

Do you have any information when this version will be released?

Greetings,

Sven Pardijs

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 15, 2021

Hi Sven,

When it comes to this feature, we hope to release it at the turn of Q2/Q3.

Cheers,
Jack

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Hi @Sven Pardijs,

Have you taken a look into your custom field context (only available if you are using company managed projects)?

You can find those in the configuration of your custom field and they allow you to set visibility and even selectable options per project / issue type.

Have a look at this support article for more information. 

0 votes
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
April 13, 2021

Hi Sven,

Are you referring to the checklist on the issue page or template definitions? 

The checklist on the issue page is by default visible to everyone who can see the issue and editable to everyone who can edit the issue. 

The default behavior can be changed and controlled more granularly by enabling custom permissions toggle in Settings: https://herocoders.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/IC/pages/688554010/Permissions+settings

Cheers,
Jack

Sven Pardijs April 13, 2021

Hi Jack,

I would like to indicate per checklist which project has access to it. At the moment, I can only find how to turn all checklists on and off for a project.

Greatings, 

Sven

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
April 13, 2021

Hi Sven,

I'm afraid I don't understand your need. 

Could you make a screenshot and show what exactly you want to restrict for a project? 

Thanks,
Jack

Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
April 13, 2021

BTW. If there are any privacy concerns, please contact our support directly at support@herocoders.com

Cheers,
Jack

Suggest an answer