Issue are not resolved even when moving them to done

Hi everyone,

i created a new workflow and added this to an existing project through the "Workflow Scheme ".

the problem i have is that when moving sub-tasks to 'done' the resolution remains "unresolved" , the tasks are basically not closed.

Do you have any idea what i missed in the configuration?

Thank you,

Tali

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

If you want a status change to set the resolution, you either need to add a screen, with resolution as a required option, or else set the resolution explicitly in a post function.  From your description, you probably want the latter.

i am not sure how to do it? im in the edit page of the workflow all i can do is to add status ?

workflow.jpg

Click on the line connecting "All" to "Done", then you should get options for that transition (Conditions, Validators, Post-Functions, and probably Triggers).  Select Post-Functions and add a function; it should be a straightforward wizard at that point.

thanks a lot! it helped.. 

but now if i moved the task from done and the resoultion is resolved, if i move it back to any other status it remains resolved and doesn't get updated.

any idea?

Thanks again

You need to add a post-function to clear the resolution; typically there is just one transition out, to "re-opened", or something along those lines. 

This widget could not be displayed.

postfunction.jpg  so this is the list of the post functions, if i choose the update issue field then i have the next page of choosing which field to be updated, but there is no option of unresolved?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

575 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you