Issue Type field configuration

welldone September 23, 2015

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to make Issue Type field to be optional? At the moment, I don't see such ability even when I logged with JIRA Administrator permission.

Edit: Actually, my problem is following. I would like to set up JIRA + Crashlytics. But have no luck at the moment. Support team said:

Jira Issue Create Failed: {"issuetype"=>"valid issue type is required"}
What this usually means is that you have a field, issue type, listed as required in your JIRA set-up. Crashlytics does not send issue type information with its crashes. You could try removing this as a required field in JIRA or setting up a default value to be set when none is given to JIRA - let me know how that goes!

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

Is not possible. The summary, project and issue types fields are mandatory to create an issue in JIRA.

Cheers!
Teilor

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2015

Most of the configuration hangs off the issue type, so leaving it blank is unusable. The closest you can get is to have an issue type scheme with only one issue type in it, set as the default.

Suggest an answer