Issue Security is not Working on viewissue-export to doc or printable format

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017

Hi,

As per our business requirement, Parent ticket can be viewed by any one and  sub task(s) can be viewed by only reporter and assignee. so We created two different security levels for the parent and sub tasks. It is working fine.

Issue is with viewissue-export , when ever we are exporting the parent ticket to word or printable format it is showing the all the sub task details on the document. so any user can see all the subtask(s), even though they are not in the sub task  security. It is breaching our security concept.

When exporting the issue, why it won't apply the security of the sub task.

Any help on this .

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

I don't understand the question.

Specifically: "We created two different security levels for the parent and sub tasks.".  Because you can't do that in Jira.

How do you think you have done this?

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-,

Thank you for your reply. For the project we have created two security level as shown below. Default security level will be applicable to parent ticket and other security level will be applicable to sub-tasks.  So user can see their specific (reported/assigned) sub-tasks only.  This is working fine for searching and viewing the ticket. But while exporting only, the security is getting breached every one can see the sub-tasks of others. I hope , i have explained the problem . If you need any further details, please let me know.security.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2017

Nope.  Jira does not do that.  You have misunderstood how security levels work.  Your sub-tasks do not have a security level.

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 17, 2017

do you mean , for one project we can have only on security level in the security schema.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 17, 2017

No, I mean that sub-tasks do not have security levels. 

Even if you manage to get the field on them, and put a level in (which is where I'm confused about how you think you've done it, because the UI won't generally do it) it is completed ignored

Suggest an answer