Issue More Button displays all available issue types

Marc Fuchs October 9, 2017

Hello all,

I'm quite new to JIRA administration and I have a problem I couldn't solve by googeling.

My company has two JIRA instances (test and productive).

The test instance is working fine, when pressing the 'More' button in the issue view only the 'standard' options like 'Log work','Rank to top','Attach files', etc. appear.

But in productive system the 'More' button contains a lot more options (see screenshot below). The system allows the user to create new issue with any issue type available in the system. And I don't know how to prevent the system from displaying these options.

Hopefully anyone of you can help me. Thank you in advance.

2017-10-09 11_48_18-[STEVO-29] D.xxxxx EVO Microcontroller replacement _ Quote Phase_ Create risk an.png

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2017

This looks like an add-on has inserted options into the "more" menu, which is a bad idea in my opinion.

What add-ons are there in your production system?  An admin could do this with Script Runner as well as dedicated add-ons for it.

Marc Fuchs October 22, 2017

Hello Nic,

thank you for your reply.

We use serveral add-ons in productiv system. Script Runner is one of them. Also we have written a company specific plugin.

So I will check the plugins and hopefully come back with the source of the problem and a solution as well.

:) 

Marc Fuchs October 23, 2017

I found the 'evil' plugin. :D

The WBS Gantt-Chart Plugin was causing the problem. Now we have to find an other plugin with the same functionality as WBS Gantt-Chart....

Jenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

WBS Gantt chart has the configuration to remove the create child issue button in the JIRA issue browsing screen.( 'More' button in menu bar)

Cogwheel icon > Add-ons > 'Child issue creation'> Edit > 'menu Location in JIRA'> Uncheck the 'Top in Operation bar' and 'Bottom operation bar.' If you also don't need in issue panel, please uncheck ’WBS Gantt panel 'as well.
Here are the detail information: child issue settings

If you have questions or concerns, please raise a support request. One of our support engineers will be happy to help you.

Ricksoft customer support.

All the Best,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2017

So how would you go about stopping the WBS chart adding all those pointless links in the menu?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 9, 2017

This looks like an add-on has inserted options into the more menu, which is a bad idea in my opinion.

What add-ons are there in your production system?  An admin could do this with Script Runner as well as dedicated add-ons for it.

Suggest an answer