Issue Hierarchy and Connection

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2018

Info:

1. After the report of a problem in my ServiceDesk i have a workflow point where an issue is created with name e.g AMS-001.
  2. After that i am creating a new issue from the existing AMS-001 with the name AM-001 ... (AMS and AM are "connected")
  3. The AM project is splitted in 3 segments with names, AMA,AMB,AMC and i can create issues in each one as childs of the AM.

The case: Another issue is reported in ServiceDesk and then a new issue is created with name AMS-002. Is there any way to link this issue (AMS-002) with the existed AM-001 , as long as it is related with the already existed information of the issue? 

All i want at the end is to bypass the creation of an new issue in AM project level (i dont want something like AM-002) and just create a child issue in the existed AM-001 , for example with the name AMA-004 

Best regards. 

C.M

1 answer

0 votes
Igor Sereda [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2018

Hi Christos,

I'm sorry, it's not very clear what the setup is. How are AMS and AM connected? Is it a logical connection in people's heads or is it some kind of configuration? Are you using any apps to make this connections? 

How are you doing linking? Is it via Jira issue links? ("Link" action in the user interface.) Those links are not restricted so you can of course link AMS-002 to AM-001.

I feel like there's not enough information in the question to understand the full complexity of the situation. If you expand on your configuration, people might be able to advise you better.

Kind regards,

Igor

Suggest an answer