It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there any way to visualize subtasks in backlog view within a scrum board?

I'm organizing my board using stories and subtasks within those stories. This way is very helpfull to have an organized view of what is still pending for a story to be completed or done within Active sprint view. But it will be great to have something similar within backlog view so it could be easier to know which members of the team have subtasks assigned for that story in a single sight.

2 answers

What does your board's filter query look like? It's possible that the filter query is excluding subtasks. 

I'm just in the normal Backlog view without any filter and no subtasks are visible there

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-show-the-subtasks-in-the-backlog-sprint-tree/qaq-p/412630

It looks like the default scrum backlog doesn't know subtasks, but the kanban backlog does. Which project type are you using?

You might be able to force the backlog view to show tasks by editing the filter query. (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-filters-764477988.html)

In the past, my team has used something like this

project = projectKey and issuetype in (Story, Bug, Task, Sub-task)

Estoy usando un Scrum Board

Try editing the query for your scrum board how I mentioned in my last comment. I was able to test that in our project and got it to work.

It didn't works, still not looking subtasks on backlog view after editing filter

0 votes
Dan I'm New Here Oct 22, 2019

HI!
Had you solved that issue?
I also want to see SubTasks in Scrum backlog

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

888 views 7 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you