Is there any method to restrict viewing to logged in users only?

Alastair Bain August 23, 2012

I haven't been able to find an option to restrict browsing projects to logged in users only. The only method seems to be to select a group, but I don't currently have a group containing all users.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2012

You've answered your own question almost. You need to restrict browsing to a group or groups that contain the users you want to let in.

Normally, there is a group containing all the users who can log in - jira-users, but I assume you've pulled that from the global permissions.

The short answer is that you probably want to create a group that everyone is in, and use that in the permissions

I don't seem to have any group that contains all the Jira users. We sync with active directory, and I don't want to have to manually add users to a group. Unfortunately the AD setup doesn't have a single group that everyone is a member of. Confluence (or maybe Fisheye, I forget which) has an option in its permissions to allow any logged in user, just thought Jira would have the same.

0 votes
Wilhelm Krüger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

Sounds like you have to change the modus into "private" on System->General Configuration

Private mode just refers to sign up of users I believe. My instance is set to private already but logged out users can still see issues.

Suggest an answer