Is there a way to view the history of the activities in a sub task?

sri_rangineni January 23, 2020

Since i am using Jira sub task description to create test cases, i would like to view the history when someone makes any changes to any of the values in the sub task. Pls advise.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan_Kelly January 23, 2020

Do you see where you add comments to an issue? Just above the comments box are other options; "All  Comments  Notification Log  Work Log  History" etc.

The "History" tab will show you any changes to values within the issue, it's split into two halves with the left half being the "before" value and the right half being the "after" value. 

Ryan_Kelly January 23, 2020

Note this applies to Jira Service Desk, I believe the cloud layout is different; https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/way-to-view-history-of-a-task/qaq-p/1041965

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 23, 2020

@sri_rangineni Yes, I agree with comments before, history tab will help you if you want to see changelog in each issue view. So for that, you will need to come to each ticket and check the information you need manually.

But in case if you would like to get this data automatically and in one place with the list of issues you need - you can try app like Issue History. Also, this tool lets you export data for more detail analyse.

Best Regards

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2020

Sub-tasks have the same activity and history tabs as issues.

Suggest an answer