Is there a way to use permission scheme to display only certain information?

Wayne Moore August 24, 2022

We are an agency and with that we have many projects, some of which have a higher security restriction and therefore should not be visible to all of the company. However, we do use Jira to see the capacity for our developers. If the project is hidden from certain people, the full capacity of the person working on secure projects is not visible to people who do not have access to the project. Is there a way to hide the project from those groups who do not have access yet still display the estimated time for them?

time.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2022

@Wayne Moore  ,

Hope you are doing well Since you do have a Standard plan you can set up Security Schemes and Security Levels for a Project, you can also use automation so depending on the group the person creating an issue you can restrict their view of certain Issues inside a project, more information can be found : Configure Issue Security Schemes . The important concepts you need to have are Security Level and Security Schemes.

This configurations can be found in your Project Configuration -> Issues -> Security

1.png

There is a lot you can do regarding Security in combination with Automation rules I'm sure you will find it useful.

Have a great day!

Wayne Moore August 31, 2022

Thanks Nicolas, I will look into this a see how I get on. Thanks for your response.

Like Nicolas Tagle likes this
0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hi @Wayne Moore 

No, I think that it's not possible. If a user doesn't have access to a project, or to some issues of the project, he/she will not have any information of the "hidden" project/issues.

One workaround could be to create a project inside where you will "store" all copied issues from the hidden project/issues. By  "copied" I mean that you will create issues with only the most mandatory fields, as well as their effort. You would have to sync them as well and finally grant view access to those users. But from my point of view, this is a lot of work.

Wayne Moore August 31, 2022

Thanks for your response Alex. Yes, this seems like a lot for what we intend to do with it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events