Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Is there a way to see total story points for a sprint that has not been started yet?

Hi -

I have several sprints created but I can only see the total story points for the sprint that is started.  Is it possible to see total story points for sprints that have not been started?

Thank you,

Tracy

1 answer

3 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Nov 15, 2018

Yes it is possible.   If you go into the backlog view in Jira Cloud, even sprints that have not been started will still have an ellipsis box (...) just below the sprint name.  In my case my sprint that isn't started yet is called 'Sample Sprint3'

backlog11.png

If you click that button, it bring up this popup:

workload2.png

The Total on this page can then show you the total story points in that sprint right now.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Hi Team,

It is showing only the standard-issue type story points and not the sub-task issue type.

Can we see the total story point including the sub-task story point for the sprint?

Thanks.

Like Igor Andrade likes this

Note that this only works if at least one issue in that sprint is assigned to someone. If all issues in the sprint are Unassigned, then the ellipsis for some reason is not present. One of the many quirks of Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you