Is there a way to hide my admin account from @mentions?

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

We have service accounts and admin accounts that we don't want people to @mention in Jira. Is there a way to hide them or make them so they are not selectable in @mentions?

2 answers

0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 10, 2019

I tend to use the firstname and lastname field of admin accounts to help communicate how admin and service accounts should be used.

For example:

Firstname: Jira Admin

Lastname: AUTOMATION USE ONLY

0 votes
Ramarao Gaggara {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Hi @Dharma Ramos ,

You can restrict few users/groups to not use @mention user feature in Jira. It can be achieved through proper configuration of 'Browse Users' Global Permission.

Also below link can be referred to know more details about all Global Permissions in Jira Server.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0713/managing-global-permissions-964983413.html

If you feel like my answer helped you, kindly mark my answer as accepted.

Thanks,

RamaRao

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2019

Thanks for your reply, but that is not the scenario here. We already limit the groups that have the Browse Users global permission. I am trying to find out if we can hide certain users from popping up when someone does an @mention. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2019

The only way to do it is to set up that user so that they can not see the issues that you do not want them to be mentioned on.  (Permissions, disabling the account, security levels, etc)

Suggest an answer