Is there a way to filter all issues that particular field was updated within the last week?

Joanna Romańska June 30, 2021

I want to know when someone is changing the target end on any initiative in the project, can I filter all issues that had the field " target end" updated within the last week?

2 answers

1 vote
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2021

Hi Joana, Welcome to the Atlassian Community,

A couple of fields support that out of the box but I'm afraid your "target end" date doesn't.

There is a feature request for this: JRASERVER-30663 

On advanced search reference you will find the changed operator. This one works with Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution, and Status.
Example: assignee changed after "2021-06-01" will give you the issues where the assignee has been modified after June 1st.

Other fiels do not support this kind of searches. However Jira does keep the history of any change on an issue. On an issue you can view the "History" tab at the bottom of the page. That overview will show you when the "target end" has been changed.
Of course this is only informative and doesn't allow you to search for it. But it means that the Jira database knows this information.
And that means that you can access/ search for that info with:

• SQL queries if you are on Jira server or data center
  • An app like scriptrunner that allows you to writ a custom JQL function
  • A BI tool connected to Jira
0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2021

Hi @Joanna Romańska  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Have you investigated using Automation for Jira to detect when the field changes and to set/send a notification?

Automation for Jira is included in Jira Cloud, and there are free (Lite) and paid (Pro) versions for Jira Server/Data Center.  Please discuss with your site admin to learn which is available to try.

Best regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer