Is there a way to create a check list for issue types in Jira?

When writing stories or assigning various issue types, the dev team would like to be able to check off the tasked items in the description field when applicable. This would be an interactive experience where they can mark a colored check next to a line item. This is different from creating a sub task and pushing through the workflow. https://docs.google.com/document/d/19HjULh-uodHAWpUpHpPCQetdSC9vp9FVlsVfaBvz15E/edit

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi,

The description field can use the wiki markup text renderer (enabled by default) with the wiki markup you could make a similar checkbox appear in the description field.
To get a to appear in the discription field use the following markup: (/)

Please see this page which displayes other options that you could use.

Cheers,
Bas

thanks!

For JIRA Cloud you can try our 'Checklist' add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.issuechecklist/overview 

Regards, Gebsun

Hello,

We are using JIRA Cloud in our team and we wanted to find perfect checklist.

We tried subtasks which can be added to every ticket but often it's just an overkill. Every task does not really need to be estimated. We just needed a bunch list of things to consider an JIRA issue completed.

We couldn't find anything cool therefore decided to make our own Smart Checklist for JIRA Cloud

Now we want to share it with other people. It's free now so anyone can try.

It has simple minimalistic UI, Markdown support, and possibility to add simple instruction per each checklist item to simplify complicated things.

Download: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/rw-smart-checklists/cloud/overview

Maybe it will be useful for you as well.

Smart Checklist banner Vlad.jpg

Cheers, Railsware

Is there any way for server 

its a cloud version 

Hi Dave,

Yes we have it! Our Server version is in Beta tesing now. Contact us directly on smartchecklist[at]railsware.com and I'll help to get it for your instance!

Cheers, Pavel

Hi,

If you would like to have a little bit more control over the process you could use an add-on such as Checklist. It provides a simple syntax to create a list of checkbox items and also has the capability to insert the Checklist into the workflow.

This add-on is unavailable for the cloud Jira T_T

A bit late to the party, but both the Table Grid Editor for Cloud as the Table Grid Editor for Server allow to configure this use case by 

• Adding a column of checkbox type
  • Initialise the grid with the default tasks

2018-07-13_13-58-04.png

Check for more information here 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

54 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you