Is there a way to connect between tasks in different projects?

Nitzan Ben Ner January 4, 2020

My company has 3 team working on the same feature, each with his own board\project.

Every once in a while there is a task that should start on one team, and once they are done - it should be moved to the other team for implementation.

For ex. one copywriters and dev team:
The copywriters get a task to replace a certain texts, and when they are done, I would like the task to move to the dev team (Each with it's own board\project in Jira).

Is there a way to accomplish that in Jira cloud?

2 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 5, 2020

You could consider a story with multiple sub-tasks. However unless your sprints are aligned and the assignees/teams are committed to it then the story could span multiple sprints.

Nitzan Ben Ner January 6, 2020

What I want to achieve is a single flow from different teams.

A good example would be a single task to change copy:
Our copy writer should get the task first to change the current copy to a new one, whereas the dev team should get it once he is done in order to implement it.

What I'd like to have is a task traveling throughout the different boards until it is done.

0 votes
Deepanshu Natani
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2020

Are you creating multiple projects for different teams or these are just different boards in same project?

If these are Different projects, all the users have access to all these three different projects?

Nitzan Ben Ner January 6, 2020

Hey, thanks for the reply.

These are multiple projects in different boards and all users have access to all projects and boards

Suggest an answer