Is there a quick way to enter issue dependencies?

DarylM January 7, 2016

Re JIRA Portfolio:

I have a complicated issue dependencies since we are creating a project plan for mixed hardware/software development with a large number of different hardware components (e.g. 30) - which each have their own embedded software.

Portfolio is doing the job but entering dependencies take a very long time. i.e. Many hours.

Is there a keyboard shortcut way of entering dependencies (the "requires" field)? MS Project allows this info to be entered quickly by referencing the issue number. That would be a useful enhancement here.

Is there a way to import the tasks with dependencies? e.g. From CSV. (I know I can import from XML but that would be a bit hard to edit by hand.)

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2016

Yes you can import links to other JIRA issues with a CSV. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Import+Issue+Links+from+a+CSV+File for more instructions and test in your development environment first.

DarylM January 8, 2016

I'll have to try that, I just realized that Jira does sync dependencies with Portfolio. Thanks.

Suggest an answer