Is there a possibility to have Subversion Revision list Custom field

Hi Subversion ALM (Subversion Plus) Team

I have a question about the part that if you have any plans to implement the custom field for your Plugin that will allow to associate the commit revisions, tags or branches to the Jira Issues.

I have a question from the users asking if they can somehow links the Jira Issue with the SVN revisions so they could keep track of them.

Regards,

Areg

1 answer

1 accepted

This would be supported by the Subversion ALM API and it would require you develop your own custom plugin in order to support that functionality.

All the JIRA-Subversion relationships are stored in KEYS table of the internal H2 database used by Subversion ALM. If an issue key-commit record is inserted (updated/deleted) in the KEYS table, the changes are immediately shown on the JIRA GUI (seeplease the animated gif below showing how to make that change by using the database web console)

Subversion ALM, shares the JDBC connection with 3rd party plugins. So you can get the connection from your own plugin and make any change in the index database according to your needs.

There is a public opensource example of a plugin showing how to use the shared connection. All the details are available from the Subversion ALM User Guide distributed with the plugin as well as from the plugin example on Google Code.

Hope this helps.

()

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,147 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot